Installing the GitHub App
You can go to https://github.com/apps/sourcelevel-bot and install our GitHub App on any specific GitHub account or organization. You will also be prompted to select if SourceLevel should have access to all repositories of the account/organization, or if you want to restrict SourceLevel’s access to specific repositories.
Linking GitHub installations and SourceLevel accounts
When you install the App on GitHub, SourceLevel will attempt to link the installation to an SourceLevel account for you, using the following rules.
- If you are using SourceLevel for the first time, a new account will be created matching the name of the user or organization on which the integration was installed.
- If you already owns an account on SourceLevel with the same name as where the integration was installed, the installation will be associated with your existing SourceLevel account.
- If the installation can’t be associated with any of your existing accounts on SourceLevel, a new account will be created to hold the installation.
Migrating your installation to an existing SourceLevel account
If you installed the GitHub App and it was linked to a brand new SourceLevel account and you wish it was linked to your existing account, you can migrate the installation to another account you own.
- From your Dashboard page, click on the Account integrations link below the name of the account that was created with the installation.
- On the GitHub App installation panel you will find a link for the installation migration page.
- You can choose to which account the installation should be migrated to.
📣 Head’s up about migrating installations
Once the installation is migrated from the temporary account, the account that was created when the integration was installed will be deleted. You can only migrate the installation from accounts that do not have any repositories under review.
After migrating an App installation to an existing account you will have the opportunity to upgrade existing repositories from the OAuth2 token to be reviewed through the App instead.
Upgrading repositories to use your GitHub App installation
After installing the App (and migrating it if necessary), you can now upgrade repositories that are being reviewed through the OAuth2 token workflow to use App instead.
- From your Dashboard page, click on the Account integrations link below the name of the account that has the repositories you want to upgrade.
- On the GitHub App installation panel you will find a link for the repository upgrade page.
- Click on Upgrade repository for each repository you want to upgrade.
What will change if I upgrade my repositories?
- Upgrading a repository to be reviewed through the integration’s installation means that the repo will be reviewed by the sourcelevel[bot] GitHub account instead of the one that owns the OAuth2 token associated with your account.
- The installation will have access to only the repositories that you allow it to access through the installation settings, and won’t have access to repositories outside the user/organization where it is installed.
The repository I want to migrate is “Not available”
You won’t be able to migrate repositories that are not accessible to the installation, even when they are accessible through the OAuth2 token workflow. You might have to install the integration on multiple GitHub users/organizations and manage them through different SourceLevel accounts.
Next, review your first repository →